Afghanistan’s first mobile money service provider bringing financial inclusion and transparency.
How to create M-Paisa account?
In 2008, Roshan launched M-Paisa in partnership with Vodafone. M-Paisa is Afghanistan’s first mobile money service provider. M-Paisa is powered by Roshan’s robust mobile network which spans across 287 districts, cities and towns in all 34 provinces of Afghanistan. With the launch of M-Paisa, Afghanistan became the 2nd country after Kenya to make mobile money service available.
· Person to person money transfer.
· Disbursing and repaying small loans.
· Airtime purchases.
· Bill payments (utility bills like electricity)
· Disbursement and receipt of salaries.
· Mobile Banking Services – linking M-Paisa account to bank accounts for wallet-to-bank and bank-to-wallet transactions
· Merchant payments This service makes it easy to transfer funds to the mobile through SMS or IVR system. Our audio system is available in Dari, Pashto, and English for our customers. Based on Roshan’s position as an innovator in the market, M-Paisa was established in 2008 to support the Afghan economy, providing financial services to 97% of people who did not have access to banking services.
· M-Paisa serves as a catalyst for bringing digital financial inclusion, providing an essential service to 97% of the unbanked population in the country.
· M-Paisa serves as a platform to combat corruption through mobile technology, and increases financial transparency.
· M-Paisa also has the potential to spur economic growth through the elimination of common financial barriers, especially in the remote and rural areas of the country.
· From 2009 to 2014, M-Paisa was used to disburse salaries of Afghan National Police in 14 provinces. Officers who received their salaries through M-Paisa saw a 30% increase in their monthly payments because the middlemen were eliminated.
· M-Paisa is used by more than 100 local and international agencies such as the World Bank, USAID, DFID, and Afghan government ministries for funds and salary disbursements.
· Approximately 500,000 transactions at a total value of more than 6 billion Afs ($80 million) are conducted through M-Paisa every year.
1. Pay bills
Pay your Bills through M-paisa in less than 1 minute! M-Paisa customers can pay their daily and utility bills (Breshna Electricity bill, Restaurant and Shopping bills) from their phone without carrying cash or having to go to a bank. This saves customers time, efforts and money. M-Paisa customers can now pay their Breshna bills at the touch of a button at anytime and anywhere from their mobile phone in Kabul. This service will be soon available in other provinces. To pay your Breshna bill, you need to associate your M-Paisa account with your Breshna account. Then dial *111# & select 4 for Paybill and follow the instructions. To talk to an M-Paisa Customer Service Agent for more information and instruction, please dial 313.
2. Buy Airtime
You can buy Airtime for you, your family and friends using Roshan numbers with less than one minute without any extra charges!
M-Paisa enables Customers to purchase mobile airtime credit for themselves or for their friends and family members and you will get 5% extra credit for each transaction. Just dial *111# then press 2 for credit purchase and follow the instructions.
3. Domestic Money Transfer
4. Paly Loan
5. Salary/Loan/Fund Disbursment
6. Deposit Cash/Cash in
7. Withdraw Cash in Or Cash out
8. Wallet to Bank & Bank to Wallet
9. Data Collection & Verification through Biometrics
10. Dedicated Call Center
How to create M-paisa account?
To register and activate an account anywhere in Afghanistan, Dial *111# or call 313. Also you can visit our nearest Roshan shop to create M-paisa account. For more information please dial 313 or contact below email addresses: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.